Friday, January 30, 2015

Still Life (2)

I started off drawing a pepper not knowing what else to do with the extra space. I thought drawing a bright blue plate would help bring more color to the piece. Although I had a little trouble with the plate, I can't tell if it looks flat, but hopefully the shine and shadows help distract from that if it does. I really like how the wood turned out though, I've never done any pattern like that with colored pencil and it turned out a lot better than I thought it would. Once I get further into the semester I'm going to try and work bigger, put more objects into one picture and look at them in different angles. I need to find some time to think of other still life ideas that aren't food and adventure though my house or anywhere else and take pictures of any objects that interest me. Overall, I definitely think I'm advancing in my detailed pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment