Monday, January 5, 2015

Pet Portrait




I told myself that I would practice prisma color again before this semester ends. I didn't think I was good with colored pencils when I first used them on my reflection project. After this project though I was really satisfied with how it turned out. I hate how tedious it is, but in the end it was worth all the time I put into it. My favorite part to draw were the eyes because my cat has REALLY pretty eyes and I think they were the most important to focus on. I wanted them to be the focal point. I'm not too happy with how the fur turned out at the bottom though. It doesn't look like the picture like I wanted it to, but I guess it looks okay. I got a little frustrated. Other than that, I think it looks really realistic and I'm surprised at how well I did. Giving prisma colors a second chance was a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment