Monday, January 12, 2015

Choice



I've wanted to do this project for a while now. I thought it would be really cool to collage magazine paper onto the face of a person (me). What I did to the face was I mixed glue and water and painted the ripped pieces onto the canvas; pretty simple. I also wanted to practice painting skin colors. I see all these body painting portraits and I'm really interested in doing that myself. From this project I know that I need more practice. I tried my best though and I think the chest still looks pretty realistic. I'll definitely practice more so the chest doesn't look so flat. What I'm most proud about is that hair. Knowing how fast acrylic paint dries, I think I made the hair look really realistic by adding different shades of brown and not making it just a solid color. I really liked how this turned out, it definitely looks better in person though.

No comments:

Post a Comment