Thursday, February 12, 2015

Still Life (3)

I really liked the set up I made, the original picture of this looks awesome. A silly name for this piece would be "House Wife". This set up was a good opportunity for me to practice seeing the values in folds and wrinkles in fabric. Painting the folds and wrinkles was a struggle and I definitely think I need more practice with that. Other than that, I like everything else about the painting. I think I did a good job with the shine in the shoe and bottle, giving them shape. I also like the colors I used in the flowers because they all stand out nicely. I can definitely see this piece looking good, maybe even better in different mediums, such as prisma color.
This project wasn't easy. Painting folds and wrinkles with oils was harder than I thought, but for the first time ever doing that it could be worse. The next opportunity I get working with wrinkles and folds I will experiment with different mediums. I find myself getting better with prisma colors so I may try that. Before I start a whole new project in oils that have folds and wrinkles in it I am going to get tips and practice first. Hopefully I can come back to this later and improve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment