Monday, October 6, 2014

Everyday Object (oil paint)




I am very satisfied with how my piece turned out! I decided after making this that I want to enter it into the State Fair instead of one of my summer pieces. Through the process in making this, I fell in love with oil paint. I really love the texture you can make and the thickness of the paint. Before I started drawing the pineapple, I put down a light purple wash as the background to make it easier on me when painting with the oil. After that, I made a quick sketch of the pineapple before I started painting. It was very tedious and time consuming making the detail in the pineapple, but the way it turned out was worth all that time. I've realized that I'm more of a detailed and realistic artist than a carefree artist who tend have a messy paint style. I feel that my art work turns out better when I put a lot of detail into it. I really want to work with oil paint more and try different techniques with it. Instead of using a paint brush like I normally do, I would like to try painting with a pallet knife to get more texture into my piece. And I think the whole point in using oil paint is to have texture in your piece, otherwise in my opinion it looks like acrylic almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment