Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Distorted Eiffel Tower




I really liked my idea of a distorted Eiffel Tower, it added originality to my piece. I've never painted with ink before, I thought it would be almost the same as acrylic paint, but it wasn't. I realized that ink is more permanent and there's no texture to it at all. It also doesn't dry like acrylic paint. The only way you can lighten the color up is if you water it down A LOT. At first, I thought about doing the whole picture in black and white, but someone told me I should use candy-like colors for the sky/clouds. I thought about it and practiced painting clouds with watercolor in my sketchbook. It took a few tries to get the right look I liked. I also looked up a few tutorials on how to paint the sky in watercolor; that helped me out a little! I proceeded the idea of candy-colors for the sky/clouds and I love how it turned out, I'm glad I didn't leave the whole thing in black and white. Besides the sky, the tower wasn't too difficult to make. If anything, I found it hard to pinpoint details from my picture as well as the shape of the tower. I wanted it to look accurate. I think that I did really well on this, with the detail and color. It came out better than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment