Friday, March 6, 2015

Still Life (6)

Although this project put me a couple days behind on schedule it turned out better than I expected. All the time I put into it was worth it. I worked small and started out with simple sketches of the shape of the different fruits. My favorite drawn fruit would have to be the cut open strawberry because I think it looks extremely realistic. Originally I wanted to have a black background, but I think the blue helped make everything stand out and look a lot better. I'm starting to really love prisma even though it's really time consuming. I think the final product is worth all the time because in the end I'm really proud of my piece. I will probably continue drawing more fruit in prisma colors because in the future I am thinking about entering them all in a contest and seeing if anyone would like to buy them and possibly hang in their kitchen. I'm going to stay small in my next fruit projects considering how time consuming prisma color is. I'm thinking about focusing on the detail of three different fruits (3 projects). The reason why is because when I frame them, they are all supposed to be next to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment