Sunday, March 1, 2015

Still Life (5)

Having almost two whole weeks of snow days gave me little class time for the last two projects. It's been pretty stressful but I've been trying my best to stay on top of due dates. I think with the little class time provided I've come out with pieces that I'm satisfied with. I really like how the fruit turned out because it looks so real. I was debating whether I should have used acrylic paint or not but I'm glad I chose oil. Oil paint let me show the texture in the kiwi on the left, exposing the rough texture. (you can see it better in person). If I used acrylic I think the fruit would have turned out flat and awkward looking. Texture is definitely a huge contribution that makes the piece. In the future I think I  am going to focus more on fruit that includes lots detail and texture. Most likely in my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment