Monday, September 8, 2014

Summer Work





My summer work definitely needs some revising. I know I could have had better work, but finding time during the summer to work on my art was difficult for me because I kept getting distracted by other things. My favorites have to be the self-portrait picture of me and the painting of Rome. I like the idea of my self portrait because I made myself the painting instead of actually painting myself on a canvas, I thought that was really different and unique. The paint on my face made it really hard for me to smile! Also, it wasn't as hard to wash off in the shower like I thought it would. My second favorite has to be my Rome painting. It took me a while to draw and make it look accurate. I had to leave some things out because it was hard to tell where all the details were in the picture, and it would have been too difficult for me to free hand a guess the images. The main thing I need to fix in this is the texture in the road. It shouldn't be the focal point, but right now it is, so I'll have to fix that later on in the year. Although, I do love how the colors in the building and sky turned out. The sky blends perfectly and looks realistic to me. All my other projects need work to them in my opinion. I like my ideas, I just think that a little something else needs to be added to them for them to be considered finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment